Friday, September 4, 2015

Grape (Juice) of Wrath


Some reason I have been really into grape juice lately. I am fortunate that my work has an endless supply of said nectar for me to enjoy whenever I please. The only catch being that this purply goodness is housed in those tiny 5.5 FL Oz. cans which makes me feel like I am merely taking a double shot of juice. One day, I was finishing up my ceremonial shaking of another petite can while hovering dangerously close to my laptop. Impressed by my astonishing feat of freeing it from its cylindrical prison, my much anticipated no sugar added beverage spewed forth its gratitude on my laptop’s touchpad and monitor. Mind you, this was mere specks and spatters but something had to be done about this. However, I was in the middle of a Excel spreadsheet of utmost importance so I had to put my my concerns of this crisis aside. After downing my can and fulfilling my task, I moseyed on to the supply room to get some cleaning wipes which is also where both the restrooms and storage of drinks also happen to be. It was around the middle of my journey that I was stricken with an alarming sensation in my bladder that required me to make a quick pit stop to the bathroom. I will spare you the details, only to tell you that I came out fully relieved. But what’s this? I suddenly found my lips and throat parched from the stress of the recent chain of events. So what does a Byron do in a situation like this? I got myself another can of grape juice and returned to my desk. Once again, I shook my can and lifted the tab only to once again have it spray onto my laptop. It was at that moment, staring at the glistening spots of purple sliding down my screen that I realized, “Oh yeah…I was supposed to get cleaning wipes…”

No comments:

Post a Comment